Assistant Greens SuperintendentUniversity of Idaho
Assistant Greens Superintendent
Auxiliary Services Under the direction of the Golf Course Superintendent the Assistant Greens Superintendent supervises and participates the management, maintenance, and improvement of the golf course. This position requires specific golf course or green industry supervisory experience or turfgrass management education equivalent to 2 years.
Salary range: $15.59 per hour or more depending on experience and education.
- Directing maintenance operations during the absence of the superintendent;
- Monitoring and communicating course conditions to the superintendent and golf shop staff;
- Assisting with interviewing, hiring, and scheduling seasonal employees;
- Training employees on the safe and efficient operation of equipment;
- Delegating tasks to subordinate employees;
- Ensuring work and tasks are accomplished according to plan and schedule;
- Inspecting and recording inventories of fertilizers, chemicals, and other supplies as required;
- Routinely inspecting facilities and infrastructure to ensure the presence of safe conditions;
- Conducting soil and water sampling and testing as required;
- Troubleshooting golf and equipment maintenance issues and suggest remedies to management;
- Continually monitoring and maintaining golf course marking and accessories to facilitate play;
- Communicating equipment issues with the maintenance mechanic;
- Recording daily irrigation programs and tasks completed;
- Directing specific projects.