Water Compliance and Pool Operations Manager #201953University of Connecticut
Water Compliance and Pool Operations Manager (Facilities Professional 2), UCP 7 The University of Connecticut's Facilities Operations Department is seeking candidates for a Water Compliance and Pool Operations Manager.
The Water Compliance and Pool Operations Manager is responsible for providing technical support regarding operating strategies, policies, procedures and protocols primarily for water resources and assets that include but are not limited to swimming pools, hot/cold tubs and therapy tanks at the Storrs campus. Serving as a technical expert, the manager will provide guidance and oversight of water sampling, monitoring of water systems with responsibility for water chemistry control. The Storrs campus has one (1) Olympic size NCAA competition pool, two (2) student recreation pools, one (1) lap pool and two (2) Swimex pools, six (6) hot tubs and cold tubs to support student athletes located in several buildings throughout campus. This position reports to a Facilities Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education needed to meet the requirements of the position.
- Holds a current SP-2 journeyperson license for Pool and Spa Maintenance & Repair.
- Within six months, must obtain a Certified Pool and Spa Operator (CPO) certification.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ work experience in water chemistry, pool operation or related field.
- Demonstrated experience supervising technical personnel and/or managing service contracts and vendors.
- Up-to-date working knowledge of water chemistry.
- Proficient in the use of computers and have working knowledge and skills in MS Office applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and electronic mail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be available to report to or remain at work during emergency closures, emergency repairs or significant events that effect operations.
- Must have valid driver's license.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science or related discipline.
- Holds a current SP-1 contractor license for Pool and Spa Maintenance & Repair.
- Familiarity with computer programs such as Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Building Monitoring Systems (BMS) or other analytical software that remotely monitors and controls mechanical systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations as they relate to the operation of pools, hot tubs, cold tubs and other related equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve chemistry control problems associated with building HVAC or other water systems.
- Current Certified Pool and Spa Operator (CPO) certification and/or Advanced Service Technician (AST) certification from the National Swimming Pool Foundation (NSPF).
- Ability to read and interpret distribution maps, charts and blue prints.
- Demonstrated experience planning and scheduling maintenance activities to support events and day-to-day operations.
- The ability to work effectively and collaboratively with end-users, customers and key stakeholders.
Incumbents must be able to climb ladders, kneel, reach above the shoulder, stand and/or walk for long periods of time. Incumbents must possess the ability to perform the required duties set forth above and may be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when necessary.
UConn is an AA/EEO employer.