The University of Charleston is seeking a Custodian.
Care for building interiors, stairwells and entrances. This includes but is not limited to vacuuming carpet, cleaning rest rooms, trash removal, and window cleaning and dusting. Skill in floor maintenance (stripping and waxing) is a plus. Overtime work is mandatory at times to keep up with the activities and events on campus. Position will be expected to perform basic grounds work and other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Capable of lifting 40 pounds
- Work with automated equipment
- Operate an automobile on and off campus
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively with the manager and associates
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Flexible, resourceful, willing to learn\cross-train
- Must be a team player.