Assistant Director Custodial Services
The University of Charleston is seeking an Assistant Director Custodial Services.
Administers and directs program to maintain campus buildings. Coordinates these activities with other departments to ensure a safe and efficient operation. Ensures that custodial employees have the necessary tools to perform their duties and trains and develops employees in their area. Maintains custodial standards to the highest ability deemed by University standards.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Provide managerial oversight to team members (scheduling, hiring, and performance)
- Requisition custodial supplies, test and research new products and equipment; requisition new equipment and parts as needed.
- Maintains and reviews all records pertinent to custodial operations. Maintains and reviews associated manuals to include custodial operation and University regulations.
- Continuously inspects buildings to ensure that cleanliness levels are consistent with University standards.
- Maintains operation in compliance with Local, State and Federal regulation. Maintains regular communication with Director to ensure consistent operational functions, i.e., scheduling, project identification and completion, cleaning procedures and personnel issues.
- Responsible for training and development of custodial employees. Ensures overall department training effectiveness.
- Promotes teamwork throughout the department.
- Supervise preparation for special events.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Skills / Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to organize and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various customers, e.g., students, faculty, external contacts, and supervised staff.
- Ability to utilize a personal computer; Manage custodial work order and time management system.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Productive decision making
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Flexible, resourceful, willing to learn / cross-train / teach.
- Receptive to feedback from all constituents
- Must be a team player
Education and Experience
- High School graduate and two years in a supervisory capacity in custodial or a related field.