The University of Charleston is seeking an Admissions Counselor.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Admissions Operations, the Admissions Counselor has the responsibility for implementing multi-channel marketing and recruitment strategies related to student enrollment. The Admissions Counselor will be responsible for meeting territory and programmatic enrollment goals through the execution of various approaches, including but not limited to travel to high schools and college fairs, participation in in-person and virtual recruitment events (both on and off campus), and extensive communication with various constituents.
Assignments may include working with domestic or international prospective students. International assignments will be completed in close coordination with our Director of International Students and various internal and external collaborative partners. Application management and decision making are an integral part of the position. Some nights and weekends are required.
- Be knowledgeable about the University of Charleston’s programs, features, facilities, scholarships, and financial aid opportunities. Be able to articulate same in a professional, consistent manner.
- Work with supervisor to understand territorial and programmatic recruitment goals and utilize multi-channel communication strategies to achieve these goals. Evaluate the effectiveness of various approaches utilized.
- Hit enrollment targets weekly, monthly, and annually.
- Participate in tele-counseling with prospective students.
- Manage application review and associated decision making.
- Interface with University personnel (i.e.: faculty, deans, support, and administrative staff) as required.
- Review financial aid packages with prospective students.
- Demonstrate strong customer service orientation.
- Be proficient in the use of the University’s management information systems (Recruit and Colleague) and Microsoft Office applications.
- Carry out special projects and other duties as assigned.
- The selected candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills, strong computer, and organizational skills, and must be able to think, plan, and execute strategically.
- Candidate must have a customer service orientation and utilize relationship building techniques.
- Additionally, the successful candidate will be a team player who demonstrates flexibility and the willingness to “pitch in” when needed.
- The job will entail overnight travel during college fair months and require occasional weeks with greater than 40 hours of work.
- This is an entry-level position that requires a bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in sales, marketing, and/or higher education is preferred.
- Candidate must be a goal-oriented self-starter who can handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidate must have a reliable car and a valid driver’s license. Must be able to lift and carry marketing/promotional materials (up to 30 pounds).