Research Assistant Professor, Cancer BiologyUNIV OF TOLEDO HUMAN RESOURCES
Research Assistant Professor, Cancer Biology
The University of Toledo offers an excellent salary and benefits package.
Candidates will have a substantial record of research accomplishments and be directly responsible for increasing grant funding from NIH or other national agencies. They will also contribute to graduate and medical education.
- Ph.D. or M.D. degree with impressive postdoctoral research accomplishments required.
- Minimum 3-4 years of research experience in cancer biology with a strong background in biomedical sciences are required.
- Excellent track record of high-quality publications in peer-reviewed journals required.
- Research experiences in DNA repair, DNA damage responses, cancer biology, again and/or immunology, preferred.
- Skills in molecular biology and cell biology approaches as well as mouse modeling, preferred.
- Ability to collaborate with one or more existing faculty members in the department, required.
- Ability to carry out assigned research projects independently and to supervise graduate students and work in a collegial manner with departmental personnel, required.
- Strong potential to compete for additional extramural funding.
Communication and other skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required.
- Ability to work cooperatively with a multidisciplinary research team, required.
- Ability to perform experiments with initiative and independence, under general guidance from the PI, required.
All applications and required documents must be submitted electronically.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.