Radiation Therapist | Oncology Treatment
Under the general supervision of the Technical Director, the Radiation Therapist delivers radiation therapy treatments and performs simulations in inpatient and outpatient settings. Radiation Therapists participate in the departmental quality assurance program and are the internal experts for accurate delivery of radiation treatments. Radiation Therapists have career progression opportunities and are involved with program development, e.g., lead positions or MR team.
The department has a wide variety of treatment equipment, including 4 Elekta linear accelerators, 1 Elekta Unity MR Linac and 1 Varian Trilogy. This allows for treatment of the most complex nature with real-time motion management. The department also administers Elekta Flexitron high-dose rate brachytherapy and orthovoltage treatments. For treatment planning, there is 1 CT simulator and 1 MR simulator allowing for treatment planning to be completed with MRI, while the patient is in the treatment position.
The Radiation Oncology department utilizes MOSAIQ/Epic. In addition to Radiation Therapists being involved in direct patient care, they mentor peers, new colleagues and students.
Job Opening Qualifications
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must be a graduate of a program approved by the Council on Allied Health Education and Accreditation for Radiation Therapy Technology.
- Must be board-certified or board-eligible with certification obtained within 6 months in Radiation Therapy Technology by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- Must hold, without interruption, current license as required by the State of Florida for Radiation Therapy Technology.
- Must obtain BCLS certification within 6 months of employment and continually maintain certification.
Motor Vehicle Operator Designation:
Employees in this position will operate vehicles for an assigned business purpose as a "frequent driver."
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, Florida Department of Health, Radiologic Technology program.
Minimum Pay Rate - Hourly: $28.46
Midpoint Pay Rate - Hourly: $39.50