Judicial Assistant to a Federal Circuit Judge #USCA-19-09 (Washington-DC)U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit
United States Court Of Appeals District Of Columbia Circuit Judicial Assistant to a Federal Circuit Judge
- Vacancy Announcement: USCA-19-09
- Position Location: Washington, DC
- Position Type: Permanent, Full-Time
- Job Grade: Judiciary Salary Plan (JSP) Grade JSP 5 – JSP 11
- Salary Minimum: $37,955
- Salary Maximum: $90,461
- Opening Date: June 24, 2019
- Closing Date: Open Until Filled.
The Judicial Assistant provides administrative and case-related support to a federal circuit judge and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of chambers.
Duties include, but are not limited to: arranging and maintaining the judge’s calendar, preparing reports and travel vouchers, arranging travel, using various computer applications and the Internet, maintaining office supplies and equipment, receiving and reviewing incoming and outgoing correspondence and email, performing receptionist duties, law clerk orientation, assisting with preservation of papers, assisting with preparation of disclosure report, maintaining electronic and paper files, and assisting law clerks.
Must be a high school graduate or the equivalent. A minimum of two years of experience demonstrating progressively responsible administrative, secretarial, or paralegal work is required. In addition, the applicant must have the following qualifications:
• excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• the ability to work independently, anticipate needs and problems, and to take initiative, including adapting and developing systems, as needed:
• the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
• must be a highly motivated, extremely detail-oriented individual.
• exceptional organizational, computer, and research skills.
• experience using a variety of software (Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat) and the Internet.
• the ability to exercise tact and good judgment.
• the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of all office and judicial matters; and
• exceptional interpersonal skills.
Conditions of Employment:
Must be a United States citizen or otherwise eligible to work in the United States. Appointment is provisional pending suitability determination by the Court based on results of fingerprint and background check. A full background investigation for a security clearance is required. Employees are required to use Electronic Funds Transfer for payroll deposit.
Benefits: For information about benefits with the federal judiciary, go to www.uscourts.gov/careers.aspx.
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit is an equal opportunity employer.