Tulare Public Cemetery District
Job Description for Receptionist Position
- Receptionist shall answer to Manager & Grounds Foreman
- Takes and refers messages for Manager & Grounds Foreman
- Give information regarding grave location in office or by phone
- Give information regarding policy in office or by phone
- Relate cost and policies to families
- Schedule services with families and mortuaries
- Deal effectively and sympathetically with the public under emotional strain.
- Have the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with others.
- Be able to file alphabetical and numeric
- Answer phones
- Be able to proofread
- Have good data entry skills
- Be able to read maps
- Have good communications skills
A Little About Tulare Public Cemetery District:
Tulare Public Cemetery District was established in 1874. The Cemetery held it's first board of trustees meeting in April 1889 and it's first burial in April 1890. Later in March 1994 Tulare Public CemeteryDistrict had it's first burial at North Cemetery. Tulare Public Cemetery on Kern Street is 50 acers, and North Cemetery on North J Street is 10 acers and between both cemeteries have 300+ interments per year.