Junior Electrical Purchasing Agent
Job Requisition / Position Description
Job Title: Junior Electrical Purchasing Agent
FLSA Status: Exempt / Full-Time
Triton Submarines, LLC is committed to producing the best deep-diving submersibles on the planet. Triton submersibles are designed, tested and certified to the most rigorous safety standards. They are built from the finest materials and our clients enjoy after-sales service and technical support from the world’s most experienced operations team.
Summary of Position:
The Junior Electrical Purchasing Agent is responsible for understanding Triton’s Electrical needs and Sourcing Electrical items at “best-value”. This includes reviewing blueprints, writing purchase orders and maintaining set stock levels all with coordination through the Purchasing and Electrical departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine the most cost-efficient method to procure required Electrical items
- Support Production Floor by maintaining significant stock levels
- Vetting new sources of supply .
- Working with Receiving Department to correct any anomalies for incorrect orders
- Liaison with Accounting department on any invoicing issues.
- Maintain and update Procurement databases and correct as required to maintain configuration of submarines.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, where applicable:
- Some ability to read and interpret engineering documents and blueprints
- Basic knowledge of the procurement function.
- Some Experience in low volume ordering a plus
- Good organizational skills to plan work effectively and maintain records and files.
- Ability to identify, evaluate and resolve problems pertaining to supplier purchased parts
- Degree preferred but not required.
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma certification is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to manage time
- Some experience with the use of MS Office software
- Strong analytical mindset with a high degree of common
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to respond to change quickly.
- Ability to lean basic Materials, Requirements Planning (MRP) Platform
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Proof of United States Citizenship or Right-to-Work in United States
Resumes should be emailed at the link on this page!
Triton is a Drugfree Workplace.
All candidates are subject to background checks.