Sow Farm Herdspersons
TriOak Foods is seeking to hire Sow Farm Herdspersons to work at our farms near Lamar, CO. These positions have a variety of duties within the sow farm operations including breeding and/or farrowing activities. Regular responsibilities will also include daily care, feeding, processing and barn upkeep associated with our animals. The individuals selected for this position must be able to:
1. Follow safety rules and bio-security regulations setup by TriOak Foods.
2. Effectively work with swine in our barns or be willing to learn proper swine husbandry skills.
3. Check animals for stress, vaccinate, treat and manage sick animals as needed according to company protocols.
4. Work safely while working with our animals including breeding, farrowing and while moving animals.
5. Troubleshoot problems in swine production facilities and take corrective actions as needed.
6. Complete power-washing, disinfecting and other cleanup as needed.
7. Work unsupervised, be self-motivated and proactive.
8. Physically capable of lifting 75 lbs.
9. Work well with co-workers and your manager in order to complete duties as a team.
10. Have good attendance.
11. Perform other duties assigned by your supervisor or management.
TriOak Foods offers a strong benefits package (insurance options, 401k with match, profit sharing, PTO program, etc.) and a competitive wage based on experience.