Guest Service ManagerTrappeurs Crossing/Simply Steamboat
Guest Service Manager
Simply Steamboat seeks an experienced Guest Service Manager at Trappeur's Crossing. This position will head up our entire Front Office team, while providing leadership & modeling outstanding guest service.
Simply Steamboat manages only the finest quality custom inventory and delivers unique, personal hospitality service in a personal, and intimate manner. Each member of the Simply Steamboat team embraces the concept that they are personally entrusted with the responsibility to ensure each and every guest and owner hosted by Simply Steamboat receives impeccable hospitality and guest service, all while striving for perfection.
Year-Round Employees Enjoy:
- Comprehensive Health & Dental Plan
- 401K Savings Plan with company match
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Discount Lodging Benefits
- Discounts on Awesome Activities & Events
- Merchant Ski Pass Program
- Competitive Pay
- Professional Work Environment
- Great Employee Parties!
Coordinates front office activities of hospitality or property management division and resolves challenges arising from guests' complaints, reservation and room assignment activities, and unusual requests and inquiries by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Understands V12 reservation system Confers and cooperates with other department heads to ensure coordination of guest and owner services such as housekeeping, maintenance, and shuttle; willingly fulfills required task(s) if the need arises.
· Hires quality employees, trains, approves payroll, and actively participates in planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Assures adherence to management company policies and established operating and safety procedures.
· Develops and implements training procedures to assure development and retention of a quality workforce and to ensure health and safety protocols are followed by all staff. This includes initial training and orientation for new staff, as well as ongoing training for experienced staff.
· Creates an orderly system to ensure each front office agent can efficiently and effectively perform the following tasks, and may frequently be required to perform these tasks personally: answer inquiries pertaining to lodging policies and services, advise guests of available activities such as skiing, biking, sleigh-rides, hiking, local events and other activities or concierge services as requested, and interfaces with vendors and suppliers to ensure adequate delivery of supplies and services.
· Greets guests and owners, maintains a secure key control system to ensure the safety of our guests, owners, and their property.
· The Manager must maintain a satisfactory driving record and valid driver’s license in order to comply with our insurance requirements. Communicates across all levels of the organization and companies including Resort Group, Steamboat Association Management, Mountain Resorts, Pioneer Ridge, Simply Steamboat, Hotel Bristol, and MR Realty.
· Manages ordering, operations, set-up and breakdown of all happy hour parties including scheduling musicians.
· Maintains inventory control systems for perishable and non-perishable products for the coffee bar and happy hours.
· Manages the guest surveys by imputing them into the online tool, and responding back to guests when appropriate.
This position will be based at the main check-in facility at Trappeurs Crossing Resort. The Guest Service Manager must be able to work weekends and holidays with varying shift schedules. You must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Property Management Systems.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.