Flight AttendantTrans States Airlines
Trans States Airlines flying for United Airlines as United Express, is seeking Flight Attendants.
We are experiencing a large amount of growth, and you will be eligible for full benefits along with wonderful flight benefits for you & your family.
The primary role of a Trans States flight attendant is the safety and comfort of our passengers. Our aircraft are equipped with 50 passenger seats and have a three-person crew – two pilots and one Flight Attendant.
This is an excellent entry-level position for those looking to join the aviation industry. Trans States benefits include, but are not limited to, health and dental insurance, 401(k), performance rewards, and discounted travel worldwide.
Flight Attendants must reside or be willing to relocate to within an hour and a half of their base airport.
- Must be at least 19 years of age;
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States;
- Possess a current and valid passport with the ability to travel unrestricted in and out of the United States and Canada. Passport must include legal name;
- Must possess a valid driver's license or state ID;
- Must possess excellent communication skills and have a professional and conservative appearance;
- Must adhere to uniform standards and guidelines with no tattoos or body art visible at any time while in uniform. Examples of visible tattoo locations include, but are not limited to, hands, arms, neck, and face;
- Possess a high school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Read, write, and speak fluently in English. The ability to read and converse in another language is a plus;
- Must agree to take and successfully pass a mandatory pre-employment drug screen, and must be willing to submit to random drug/alcohol testing;
- Must have 20/40 correctable vision in each eye;
- Must have a minimum height of 4'11" and a maximum height of 5'10" (without shoes);
- Must have the ability to work days, nights, holidays, and weekends and extended hours away from home;
- Must be willing to work on an on-call basis;
- Must be able to relocate to assigned domicile;
- Must have a reliable mode of transportation to and from the airport;
- Have the ability to walk and fit comfortably down the aircraft aisle while facing forward, fit quickly through the over-wing exit, and sit in the Flight Attendant jumpseat without modification or a seatbelt extension;
- Must have flown at least once as a passenger;
- Be able to successfully complete a background investigation. If you have been convicted of a criminal misdemeanor or felony within the last five years, you are not eligible for a crewmember position due to Canadian Immigration Regulations. Canada also has a strict inadmissible class or status that includes no conviction of DWI/DUI. If you have been on probation or convicted of a DWI/DUI or misdemeanor within the last 10 years, you are not eligible for a crewmember position unless you show proof that you have received a letter of approval from Canada;
Trans States Airlines operates flights every day of the year, requiring flight attendants to work a variable schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays. Flight Attendants bid on schedules, and schedules are awarded based on seniority. Flight Attendants can expect to have a reserve (on-call) schedule during their first year of employment.
Starting pay for a Flight Attendant is $18.00 per flight hour, which increases to $20.25 per flight hour after one year of service. The company pays for parking in domicile and all hotel accommodations while on a company scheduled trip, as well as $1.80 per hour in per diem while away from base on a trip.
Those selected for employment must successfully complete a company paid training program at our Flight Attendant Training Center in Saint Louis, MO, as well as pass a hands on evaluation in the aircraft. Training is approximately six weeks in length.
About Trans States Airlines: When Trans States Airlines began as Resort Air in 1982, it operated just a handful of Metro II aircraft and carried just under 7,000 passengers during its first year of operation—tourists, primarily, between its headquarters in St. Louis and a popular lake two hours south of the city (hence the call sign "Waterski," which Trans States still uses to this day).
However, things have changed a great deal since 1982. Since that time, Resort Air has evolved from a small boutique carrier into Trans States Airlines, a carrier that now serves 3.5 million passengers a year. The Metro IIs have been replaced by an all-jet fleet of Embraer 145s, and Trans States now flies on behalf of United Airlines (as United Express), providing service to over 80 cities in North America with over 240 daily flights.
At Trans States, our mission is simple: To remain flexible and responsive to the needs and challenges of our major partner(s) and the aviation industry, while striving to do our best for our customers. We are committed to providing safe, reliable and on-time air transportation and to delivering the highest standards in professionalism and customer service. We’d love the opportunity to demonstrate this commitment to you in person. Our over 900 employees look forward to welcoming you onboard!
Crew and Maintenance Bases
- St. Louis (STL) also corporate headquarters
- Chicago (ORD)
- Denver (DEN)
- Moline (MLI) (MX only)
- Springfield (SGF) (MX only)