Parks Recreation Program CoordinatorTownship of Moon
Parks & Recreation Program Coordinator
The Township of Moon is currently seeking applicants for the part-time position of Program Coordinator with the Parks and Recreation Department.
The Parks and Recreation Program Coordinator is under the direct administrative supervision of the Director of Parks and Recreation. The purpose of this job is to perform functions involving all aspects of planning, supervision, development of recreational programs of the Township of Moon Parks and Recreation Department. The position is classified as non-exempt under the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act.
1. Develops and conducts various methods of determining community needs including working with focus groups, advisory boards, outside resources.
2. Assists the Director in providing effective leadership, direction and vision in the comprehensive development of the Department’s overall plan of programs and services and directs the professional staff in the delivery of these programs and services.
3. Train, supervise, schedule and evaluate program and event staff as needed.
4. Attends Parks and Recreation Board meetings and may be requested to attend meetings of the Board of Supervisors.
5. Establishes and maintains effective, harmonious, cooperative and productive working relationship with employees and the public.
6. Deals with citizens’ complaints with courtesy and effectively determine proper course of action.
1. Manage and direct the parks, playgrounds, ball fields, buildings and equipment operated and maintained by the Moon Township Parks and Recreation Department.
2. Works with all Department personnel in developing short and long-range plans for a comprehensive program delivery system for the citizens of Moon
3. Networks with citizens and other outside agencies in the development of Departmental programs and facilities.
4. Works closely with agencies, firms, and contractors in project development.
5. Assists in the development of operating procedures, programs, and revenue opportunities.
6. Assists in the formulation of rules, policies and procedures for the overall operation and management of the parks department and ensures said rules, policies and procedures are posted and enforced by all department personnel.
7. Develops specifications for purchasing equipment and supplies.
8. Reviews and evaluates the overall operation of assigned programs as requested by the Director.
9. Maintains adequate reports and records.
10. Prepares and delivers speeches to interested groups, appears on radio and television and performs other community relations work on behalf of the Parks and Recreation Department.
11. Performs related work as required.
Required Knowledge Skills And Abilities:
1. Broad knowledge of the principles, practices, concepts and commonly used methodology of parks and recreation administration.
2. Ability to plan, implements, and supervise all phases of a comprehensive park and recreation department.
3. Ability to develop extensive knowledge of community resources.
4. Ability to coordinate, delegate and negotiate.
5. Develops and maintains open and effective communications with all professional staff members and other administrative personnel to ensure proper coordination and communication of Departmental tasks programming, and activities.
6. Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle in the performance of job duties.
7. Possess the ability to maintain confidentiality and perform job duties with integrity and honesty.
8. Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions.
9. Skilled in public speaking with the ability to express ideas clearly, concisely, and convincingly.
10. Possess a working knowledge of personal computers and various software programs.
11. Ability to perform a variety of tasks simultaneously or in rapid succession.
12. Ability to work an erratic work schedule with overtime, weekend, and holiday work required.
13. Ability to operate a multi-line telephone system with voice mail, copy machines and other modern office equipment.
Experience And Training
1. Bachelor's degree in Parks and Recreation Administration from an accredited college or university preferred; High School Diploma, with a, with prior experience in a leadership position conducting recreation activities for a community recreation program may be considered.
2. Three (3) years prior experience in a leadership position conducting recreation activities for a community recreation program.
License, Certificates, And Clearances:
1. Must possess a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license during tenure of employment.
2. PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check, and FBI Criminal Background Check.
3. Must be CPR/First Aid certified both adult and child certification.
Physical Demands And Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job in office settings and outdoors, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.