Assessing Processing ClerkTownship of Edison
Assessing Processing Clerk - Edison Township.
Township of Edison is looking for energetic person to fill entry level clerical position in Tax Assessor's Office. Strong computer skills recommended and familiarity with Microsoft Office required. Candidates must have good office skills and ability to maintain records and databases. Familiarity with legal business documents such as deeds and expense statements a plus. Annual Salary $34,850.00, enrollment in NJ State Pension, Medical Benefits and PTO.
Examples of Work:
- Assists in recording permits for renovations and constructions of buildings.
- Assists in the preparation of records of appeals to county and state tax boards.
- Answers inquiries and gives information pertaining to tax assessments.
- Notes dispositions of tax search records and reviews personal tax returns.
- Checks the locations of personal property.
- Prepares and completes forms containing information for transference into computers.
- Verifies and keeps up-to-date names and addresses of owners of property.
- Under supervision, establishes and keeps needed records and files.
- Reviews, checks, and certifies reports, applications, and other documents for correctness.
- Answers and routine inquiries of a limited complexity.
- Receives complaints.
- Composes replies to routine correspondence.
- Refers errors and irregularities to supervisor.
- Assessing Clerk/Senior/Principal 2 of 3
- Assists in preparing and keeping up-to-date tax assessor's list and tax duplicates.
- Makes entries in tax books in accord with prescribed procedures.
- Prepares lists of properties to be assessed and makes proper entries in field books.
- Performs the work involved in the distribution of personal property forms.
- Types documents from varied forms of copy.
- Reviews completed reports for accuracy and resolves discrepancies.
- Maintains, classifies, indexes, and cross-references records and files.
- Handles routine requests for information in accord with prescribed rules and regulations.
- Interviews and transacts routine business with persons who may call at the office.
- Reviews completed reports for accuracy.