Seasonal Carpenter Apprentice
Seasonal Carpenter Apprentice
This position will assist Town of Vail carpenters in performing carpentry related repairs, maintenance and construction to our facilities.
$16.50 - $18.50/hour depends on experience.
The Town of Vail is now hiring a carpentry maintenance worker for the summer season . This position will assist Town of Vail carpenters in performing carpentry related repairs, maintenance and construction to Town of Vail facilities.
The carpentry maintenance worker duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assists with carpentry repair and maintenance for all Town of Vail departments. Items include: benches, furniture, planters, signs and installation, cabinets, playground structures, and building components.
- Assists with new projet construction. Projects in include: building additions or remodels, bus shelter construction, playground construction and new signage.
- Prepares, paints, stains and/or oils all types of surfaces and structures.
- Cleans carpenter shop and other areas as required.
- Performs minor building maintenance such as, routine plumbing, electrical and other related maintenance activities.
- Responds to guest's questions, concerns, and complaints in a timely and courteous manner.
- Responsible for complying with Town of Vail safety and health policies, practices and procedures that prevent and mitigate human economic losses arising from accidental causes and adverse occupational and environmental health exposures.
- Performs other duties as directed.
This position may be assigned to any functional area in Public Works as needed on a daily basis and may have exposure to outdoors in all weather conditions and all types of equipment noise, traffic, dust, chemicals and fumes. Stooping, standing, kneeling and lifting is required the entire shift.
Skills / Requirements
Vail is a guest service oriented and resort destination community. We realize that to set the standard for world-class alpine resorts, our employees make all the difference! That is why we are looking for passionate individuals who strive for excellence in all that they do. Qualified applicants should have previous carpentry experience.
In addition they must meet the following requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One to two years carpenter or maintenance work experience.
- Valid Colorado driver's license.
- Complete defensive driving course within 6 months of hire.
- Working knowledge of construction procedures, tools, materials and requirements.
- General painting experience.
- Ability to do minor building maintenance.
- Able to work independently and problem solve.
- Ability to read, understand and work from blueprints.
- General knowledge of the Uniform Building Code.
- CPR/First Aid certified.
- Basic computer skills.
Culture / Lifestyle / Benefits
When asked, most of our employees say that working for the Town of Vail feels like family. Our values-based culture is nurtured by the employees’ strong desire to foster teamwork, take ownership in Vail’s future and an overall pride for serving their community. Let’s not forget that our efforts not only benefit the community but also allow us to enjoy the spectacular amenities and culture in the Vail Valley which we call home!