Recreation Center CoordinatorTown of Snowmass Village
Recreation Center Coordinator
bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years experience in recreation center coordination required. Please visit www.tosv.com for complete job description and to apply.
Description Of Work:
Under general supervision of the Recreation Center Manager, this position is responsible for the coordination of the day to day operations of the Recreation Center as well as decision making for and supervision of the Recreation Center site and exterior grounds, including safety and security, in the absence of a manager or Director. This position is expected to work independently within the recreation team by organizing, promoting, and coordinating the recreation center, recreational activities, events, classes and programs. This position also assists in budget preparation, hiring and supervision of assigned staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duty statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other non-essential or marginal duties that may be required. The Town of Snowmass Village reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of this job at any time.
- Adheres to and enforces all Department and Town policies.
- Identifies areas of need and adjusts daily schedule and planning to effectively assist or coordinate any Department programs, activities or staff vacancy.
- Oversees evening and weekend programs and facility activities, opens and closes facility as directed.
- Maintains order in all center activity areas.
- Handles emergencies such as building evacuations, irrigation emergencies and crowd control.
- Possesses good judgment and is able to problem solve and resolve conflict with all Department programs, activities, equipment, and the facility as a whole.
- Reports all maintenance and janitorial requests: cleans areas as needed such as parks, playgrounds, locker rooms, fitness room and gym during and following events or activities.
- Observes patron activities; enforces rules; performs first aide as needed to assist individuals suffering injuries; performs water rescues.
- Participates in staff training and meetings.
- Greets and receives the public; receives payments and fees and admits patrons; operates cash register and accounts for revenues; gives change, works with computer software.
- Operates concession stand; sells product, various food items, swim wear and equipment; sells memberships and processes paperwork.
- Performs scheduled upkeep and maintenance of facility; cleans floors, walls, windows, water equipment, etc.; cleans and polishes; operates vacuum to clean carpeted areas; sweeps and dusts; monitors general activities of facility to assure safety.
- Leads programs or teach classes to a variety of ages may include but not limited to; fitness classes, climbing classes, youth sports programs, adult sports programs, ice skating or outdoor recreation programs, if necessary.
- Performs periodic walk through of the entire facility with the intent of observing, and if possible correcting, any real time needs regarding cleanliness and maintenance.
- Assists the Recreation Center Manager with the coordination of and day to day operations. Performs supervisory and administrative tasks, as needed.
- Performs duties of and assists front desk staff with checking guests into the facility, selling memberships and concession sales.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the Recreation Center in the absence of the Manager.
- Assists Parks, Open Space and Trails Manager with various tasks that might include; management or administrative needs, trash pick-up, trail closures, volunteer programs and special events.
- Assists with park, field, ice rink or room set up and equipment set up for rentals or center programs; performs a walk-through inspection after rental vacate, checking for damages and accounting for all rented equipment.
- Assists with the day-to-day operations of the Aquatics Facility as needed. Performs life guarding during busy times, birthday parties, special events, and as needed.
- Assists with day to day operations of all programs; leagues, camps and special events, as needed.
- Provides a high level of professionalism and custom service at all times in accordance with department’s staff expectation agreement; establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with all co-workers, clients, professional contacts and community members; communicates respectfully and clearly; identifies and takes care of areas needing attention; expected to be on time and work when business demands require.
- Performs other duties as assigned, required or requested.