Guest Services RepresentativeTown of Snowmass Village
GUEST SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE
Extensive customer service, hospitality experience and detailed knowledge of the Snowmass/ Aspen area required. Part time seasonal.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Under the general supervision of the Guest Services Supervisor, this position performs specialized guest services and information work at the Guest Services office in the Town Park Station building,
the Snowmass Ice Age Discovery Center and Snowmass event locations. Assists the general public by answering questions while providing related materials and brochures relative to the Town of Snowmass Village and the surrounding area. This is a part time, seasonal position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duty statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other non-essential or marginal duties that may be required. The Town of Snowmass Village reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of this job at any time.
Greets guests entering the building, responds to guest inquiries effectively and accurately,maintains appropriate amount of area brochures, answers phone, responds to emails, and tracks guest inquiries.
Obtains Snowmass area information from different sources when necessary.
Obtains Snowmass stakeholder information when requested.
Works with Outlook, Word and Excel.
Attends monthly Guest Services staff meetings.
Allows for flexibility with scheduling.
Provides a high level of professionalism and customer service at all times; establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with all co-workers, clients, professional contacts and community members; communicates respectfully and clearly.
Serves as a team player; assists co-workers as needed.
Performs other duties as assigned, required or requested.
• Experience working with the general public.
• Knowledge of the Snowmass and Aspen area.
• Work independently and accurately with frequent interruptions.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with the public effectively and courteously.
• Communicate effectively using tact and diplomacy.
• Team player.
• Proficient with Microsoft computer software.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
Extensive customer service and hospitality experience required. Office experience required.
Detailed knowledge of the Snowmass and Aspen area required.
Must be able to lift 10 pounds.
Computer and ShoreTel phone system. Ice Age Discovery Center DVD player and monitor.
• Ability to conduct activities involving moderate standing, walking, sitting and typing.
• Ability to life and carry objects such as boxes and signs up to 10 pounds.
• Ability to hear and respond to phone calls and conversations.
• Ability to occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, sweep and balance while performing office duties.
The majority of this position’s duty is performed in an indoor office environment.