Director of Human ServicesTown Of Manchester
Director of Human Services
Town of Manchester $100,000 $125,000
Closing Date: Monday July 8, 2019
Summary of Position:
Under administrative direction of the General Manager, responsible for planning, coordinating and directing Human Services Department activities encompassing diverse programs dealing with
public health, family and elderly services and Senior Citizens programs. Facilitates development of integrated community system of human services to identify needs implement responses and assure effective delivery of service.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A strong commitment to promoting the health and well-being of the Town’s residents, particularly the most vulnerable.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of public administration as applied to the management of varied human services programs at the management level.
- Ability to develop and coordinate innovative, data-driven programs and services.
- Significant knowledge of department budgeting.
- Ability to plan and direct the work of professional staff.
- Ability to coordinate with other Town departments, not-for-profit agencies and other community partners to address policy issues relating to the needs of Manchester residents.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with, and to secure cooperation from, public officials, associates and the general public.
- Knowledge of securing grant funds from state, federal and private funding sources.