Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator I
The Town of Maggie Valley invites you to come join our team! The Town has an outstanding strategic plan that includes goals and objectives, a clear vision, and a culture of collaboration. We are recruiting for a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator I within our Sewer Department.
Example of Duties: Operates the wastewater plant
• Inspects plant equipment for proper operation
• Inspects contractor work on collection system
• Works on collection system
• Makes & installs sewer taps
• Operates back-hoe, skid steer, and dump truck
• Adjusts process to ensure permit compliance
• May serve as a trainer of new personnel on operation and maintenance of plant equipment and in safety procedures
• Prepares various reports and forms related to operations and health and safety compliance by regulatory agencies; identifies problems and makes corrections
• Keeps records and makes reports
• Briefs ORC and Back-Up ORC on performance or maintenance issues
•Performs related work as assigned
Physical Requirements: Work in this class is medium to heavy work requiring exertion of in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Employee must have the visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures, perform extensive reading, conduct visual inspection of small defects or parts, operate a machine, use measurement devices, and to assemble parts at distances close to the eyes.
Qualifications: Graduation from high school or GED equivalency and three years experience in the operation and maintenance of water reclamation plant processes; or, any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Possession of an active current Class II Wastewater Operator’s License & an active current Class II Collections Systems License; candidates without current license may be considered with demonstrated ability to obtain within first twelve (12) months of employment. Ability to operate a backhoe. Possession of a valid and appropriate North Carolina driver's license
The position is open until filled; with first applicant review scheduled for Monday February 22, 2021. Hiring Range DOQ/E. Salary Range: $31,728-$47,592.
The Town of Maggie Valley is an equal opportunity employer and offers a comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance, 401(k) plan and membership in the North Carolina Local Government Employees Retirement System.