Security GuardsTown of Kearny Recreation Department
Part-time positions in Recreation Department.
Under direction, patrols the grounds, buildings, and other areas and facilities of schools, libraries, museums, hospitals, public housing projects, parks, or other public facilities and installations to provide protection to persons gathered therein from harm, and guards and protects public property against fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal or unauthorized entry; does other related duties as required.
Appointees will be required to possess a driver's license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform the essential duties of the position.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Protection of Buildings, Contents, and Occupants from Hazards:
- Knowledge of problems involved in safeguarding large areas including buildings and grounds in that area.
- Knowledge of security measures in detaining persons.
- Knowledge of fire prevention.
- Knowledge of procedures used in making arrests and prosecuting violators.
- Knowledge of problems encountered in work involving care and custody of varied types of persons deprived of their liberty.
- Knowledge of difficulties encountered in following closely prescribed rules and regulations.
Experience a plus.
24.5 hours per week, $12 hour.