Museum AssistantTown of Frisco
$14.40-$15.84 Year Round Part Time
Great working environment and great perks too!
Works within a team environment to execute daily operations of the Museum and Historic Park: open/close buildings, provide guest services, cash handling, assist with educational programs, facilitate guided tours, participate in museum events, and collaborate on archival and research projects. The museum is open Tuesday through Sunday, 10 am to 5 pm.
This position will work two days a week. The ideal candidate will work Sundays, some holidays, and museum events as needed.
Desired start date will be August 5th
- Open/close Museum and park facilities.
- Ensure facility safety and security.
- Greet, interact, communicate, and interpret Frisco's history to guests.
- Provide general information and services to guests.
- Assist with Museum gift shop duties: sales, restocking merchandise, pricing and inventory.
- Facilitate guided walking and hiking tours.
- Assist with educational curriculum and programming.
- Assist with museum special and annual events.
- Maintain cleanliness of exhibits and displays.
- Assist with maintaining collections management records.
- Assist with research on history related requests from guests.
- Works in a team environment within the Recreation and Culture Department.
- Adheres to Town of Frisco policies, standards, and regulations including but not limited to proper attire, safety procedures, and overall professionalism.
- Ability to function and make good decisions in the absence of a supervisor.
- Communicates in a professional, courteous and timely manner both verbally and written when dealing with Town of Frisco Employees, citizens, customers and vendors.
- Assists in other Museum related projects as assigned by Manager.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.