Gardener LaborerTown of Fraser
The Public Works department is accepting applications for:
- Gardener Laborer
Pre-employment physical and MVR background check required.
Job Summary: Assist Head Gardener with the daily tasks of maintaining all Town owned landscaped areas and gardens by planting, weeding, fertilizing and watering.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Seasonal preparation of all bedding areas include covering and uncovering, soil amendment, fertilization, mulching, planting, cutting back and pruning of plantings.
- Daily maintenance of all landscape areas to include watering, fertilizing, deadheading and weeding of landscape beds, trees, hanging baskets and concrete planters.
- Assist with planting of new materials such as annual, perennials, bulbs, shrubs and trees into established gardens.
- Creation of new landscapes including shoveling, raking and tilling.
- General park maintenance such as collecting trash from public area receptacles, maintaining doggie poop stations and may include mowing, trimming, watering and fertilization of grass areas and rights of ways.
- Application of herbicides for noxious weed control utilizing specialty spray equipment. Manual and mechanical weed control as well as knowledge to identify basic noxious weeds.
- Perform special projects and miscellaneous duties such as event and function setups as directed by a Supervisor.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.