Water Plant OperatorTown Of Dillon
Water Plant Operator
The Town of Dillon is accepting applications for a Full Time Water Plant Operator. This position assists with the operation and maintenance of a 1.5 MGD treatment plant, distribution and collection systems. Must have high school diploma or equivalent, valid Colorado driver's license. Minimum of a "D" Certification is required. Distribution and Collection Certifications are desirable. 40+ hours; with the ability to be "on-call", work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed. Hiring range $45,865 to $50,452 annually plus excellent benefits package. Open until filled.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Supervise effective maintenance of all water purifying equipments in plant.
- Ensure compliance to all Federal, State and local laws and regulations.
- Train and supervise efficient working of staff, maintain and perform tests on various plant equipments.
- Operate Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition program effectively.
- Monitor inventory and labor allotment with help of computerized maintenance and management system.
- Monitor and interpret all charts and graphs for test results and monitor treatment process of all water plants according to quality standards.
- Analyze reports and communicate poor quality results to officers.
- Maintain and update accurate records for treatment process and prepare log deliveries for same.
- Maintain and calibrate various electronic and mechanical equipments.
- Prepare and documents all data for treatment facility for raw water and high service pump stations.
- Monitor all operational issues and report any malfunctions.
- Assist to install water treatment facility and analyze equipment requirements for chemical and biology laboratory.
- Administer treatment plants and perform operational adjustments for various residual and hardness.
- Maintain efficient use of pump and ensure appropriate lubrication for all machines and monitor water pressure.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports for smooth functioning of plant operations.
- Perform regular maintenance work on chemical feed systems and alarm signals on computer control system.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.