Streets Maintenance PositionsTown Of Carbondale
The Town of Carbondale is now accepting applications for the Street Maintenance Positions.
Physical exam, pre-employment and substance abuse testing will be required..
Starting pay will be $19.25 - $21 per hour depending on qualifications.
This is a semi-skilled labor position that includes maintenance and construction work on streets and sidewalks, utility systems, right-of-ways and related facilities. Light equipment operation is a requirement of this position.
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- This is a manual labor position that participates in the work of a crew engaged in street and sidewalk repair, snow removal, ditch maintenance, excavation and back filling of utility trenches, cutting and burning brush removed from rights-of-way and other general physical labor.
- Operate power equipment such as compressors, compactors and similar equipment.
- Service and make minor repairs to assigned equipment or machinery.
- Performs work necessary to maintain downtown in an aesthetically pleasing condition to include sweeping sidewalks and bulb-outs, and picking up all trash. Washing sidewalks may be required at times.
- Waters, fertilizes and maintains vegetation as required.
- Pulls weeds from garden beds.
- Must be willing to be temporarily reassigned to another position due to scheduling problems.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.