The Public Works Department is looking for a:
Potential Housing Available
- High school diploma or GED
- Two (2) or more years of experience in construction, construction inspection, construction management, civil engineering, streets and parks, road and bridge, and/or other similar related experience.
- Successful applicants must be able to perform physical, demanding work, and are required to meet the DOT drug and alcohol testing requirements, pass a pre-employment drug screen; have a clear Motor Vehicle Record, pass a drug and alcohol release from previous employers(if applicable), a background check and reference check.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES OR EQUIPMENT REQUIRED
- Ability to obtain a Class "B" Colorado Commercial Drivers License within 60 days of hire.
- Valid DOT Physical Card within 30 days of hire.
- Public Infrastructure/Construction Inspector Certification (or related certification) required within one (1) year of hire.
- Two (2) or more years of experience in Civil site work construction or college course work in civil engineering or construction management desired.
- Working knowledge of current construction principles, practices, materials and methods preferred.
- Ability to read, understand and correctly interpret technical written material, plans, diagrams, blueprints and specifications highly desired.
- Engineering experience working in a professional office environment with significant public contact desired.
- Proficiency in use of computer programs such as Excel, Word and Energov.
- Knowledge of civil site construction practices, Town code and Engineering Standards desired.
- Knowledge of reading and interpreting residential and commercial construction drawings desired.
- Ability to keep, organize and file hard copy and electronic documentation desired.
The Town of Breckenridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer