Swim Coach, Swim Instructor, Public Works Operation ITown Of Avon
The Town of Avon is seeking to hire:
- Full -Time Town Attorney Deadline May 22nd
- Planning & Zoning Commissioner Deadline May 31st
- Accountant I/Accounts Receivable $42,735 to $47,169
- Lifeguard I/II $15.00 to $20.71 Daytime hours. Available paid training provided.
- Swim Coach $15.00 to $16.54
- Swim Instructor $15.00 to $16.54
- Public Works Operation I $42,322-46,936
- Operates a variety of gasoline or diesel heavy and small equipment, such as tractors, sweepers, tractors, dump trucks, graders, loaders, aerial trucks, skid steers, ride mowers 4x4 pickup trucks, Tool cats, Bobcats, ATVs and Club cars, etc.
- Operates a variety of power and hand tools, saws, electric drill, push mowers, weed trimmers, picks, etc.
- Performs routine checks on vehicles and equipment prior to use, and coordinates with fleet maintenance mechanics when major repairs are needed.
- Plows and clears snow and ice from streets, sidewalks, rec paths, bus stops and parking lots and sands, de-ices and removes slippery surfaces as needed.
- Sweeps and cleans roadways, sidewalks, trails, rec paths, bus stops and parking lots.
- Cleans culverts, irrigation ditches and conducts shoulder grading and ditch maintenance.
- Provides minor asphalt and concrete re-construction and patching of roadways, sidewalks, curbs and gutters to seal cracks, fill potholes and repairs brick pavers.
- Analyzes pavement, concrete, crosswalk problems and suggest remedies to repair (patching, crack seal, etc.).
- Cleans and flushes manhole catch basins, and storm sewer pipelines.
- Assists with inspections of permit program for work performed in public right-of-ways.
- Establishes appropriate barricades, warning devices, and equipment replacement and provides flagging for temporary traffic control, as needed, to maintain a safe work area (e.g., special events, accidents, work areas).
- Assists with manufacturing and installing new and replacement road and town signs.
- Responds to accidents involving damaged light poles and assists electrician with replacing light poles and lamps.
- Maintains parks facilities, holiday lights, ice skating surface, turf, athletic fields, irrigation systems, flowers, gardens, landscaping and trees as well as aerification, and top-dressing.
- Removes refuse from receptacles and manually picks up trash in park and other public areas on a daily basis.
- Applies pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers to Town’s turf, landscaped, and right-of-ways, to maintain and mitigate weeds.
- Performs inspections and maintenance of trails, such as weeding, trimming, grading, etc. as necessary.
- Performs custodial duties within Town facilities, including but not limited to cleaning, mopping, window washing, sanitizing, etc. as required.
All salaries are depending on qualifications & experience. Salaries shown are hiring ranges only, full salary range can be found on our website.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.