Cognos Architect/Admin #88378BRTHERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. Seeks a Cognos Architect / Admin in Pittsburgh, PA to perform system administration duties such as software deployments, system backups, software patching and upgrades.
MS + 5 years of experience or BS + 8 years experience.
- Perform system administration duties such as software deployments, system backups, software patching and upgrades.
- Monitor the environment to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues. Conduct root cause analysis to identify and resolve complex problems impacting service levels.
- Participate in the on-call rotation to support the environment and user community.
- Administer security permissions, and ensure compliance to required corporate standards, procedures, guidelines and processes, including audits.
- Assist and lead requirements gathering, run proof of concept development, design, development, implementation, and close out.
- Develop strategies to meet growing information demands including self-service reporting capabilities.
- Develop metadata models as required using Cognos Framework Manager, Transformer, Reports, Dashboards.
- Document the configuration of the system, system controls, and procedures.