Tourism Counselor - Part TimeThe Virginia Tourism Corporation
Tourism Counselor (Part-Time)
The Virginia Tourism Corporation is seeking a Tourism Counselor for its Main Street Station Welcome Center who is willing to work 8 to 12 days per month. The center is open 7 days per week from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. This individual will provide travel information and assistance to the traveling public, stock brochure racks, assist the welcome center manager with daily operations and perform general office duties.
• Ability to work independently in a heavy volume customer service environment
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds, including extensive walking and standing
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to interact with the public
• Basic math and computer skills
• Holiday and weekend work is required
• Knowledge of Virginia's travel product, roads and highway systems preferred
• Travel industry experience preferred
• High school diploma required
Salary minimum: $12.00/hour.
Application deadline: February 6, 2020.
VTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VTC's intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VTC Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or firstname.lastname@example.org. TDD 1-800-828-1120