Brand Department InternshipThe Virginia Tourism Corporation
Brand Department Internship
About the Brand Team
The Virginia Tourism Corporation's Brand Department develops the strategy for the iconic Virginia is for Lovers® brand, overseeing advertising, brand activations, LOVEworks, the Virginia Travel Guide, and sponsorships and promotions. The Brand Department also serves as the creative arm of VTC, providing image, design and video services for marketing campaigns, as well as other internal teams and external stakeholders.
Our team must be flexible, accountable and maintain positive attitudes while seeking creative solutions. We all get our hands dirty, and we are passionate about our work and our mission. We are seeking a teammate who will jump right in, offering design and administrative support that leverages our iconic brand to promote travel experiences in Virginia.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Brand Director and Brand Manager, the Brand Intern will provide support on all projects related to the VIFL brand, including:
• Assist with design projects, including print collateral and presentations
• Assist with photo editing and cataloging
• Attend Brand and Marketing meetings
• Assist with VTC photoshoots – may include travel
• Work closely with other VTC Marketing departments to ensure brand cohesion on all projects
• Provide administrative support, including drafting and editing correspondence, scheduling meetings, managing calendars and booking travel
Minimum Skills & Qualifications
• Working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Strong writing and project management skills
• Effective written and verbal communication with all levels of employees and the public, including public officials and industry partners
• Takes the initiative, working independently as well as collaboratively
• Works well under pressure in meeting deadlines
• Exhibits sound judgment in making decisions and maintains confidentiality on sensitive matters
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
• Basic knowledge of video and photo editing
• Basic knowledge of websites and CMS
• Familiarization with Digital Asset Management
A valid driver's license is required. Salary minimum: $10.00/hour. Application deadline: November 29, 2019.
VTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VTC's intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action.
Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VTC Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or email@example.com. TDD 1-800-828-1120