SQL Server DBA / Developer
SQL Server DBA / Developer
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking an experienced SQL Server DBA / Developer in its Information Technology Division. The primary responsibilities of this position include the design, development, implementation, integrity and support of the enterprise database architecture and programs with some project management. This is a Richmond office-based position.
• Ability to identify requirements, design/develop data models, logical and physical databases, data dictionaries and schemas.
• Design and develop database objects, tables, stored procedures, views and triggers in MS SQL Server.
• Create and manage ETLs using MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
• Design and develop reports using MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
• Manage application data interactions with the Development Team through REST based service layer.
• Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
• Perform MS SQL Server installs and patching utilizing best practices.
• Configure and maintain database servers and processes, monitor system health and performance, ensuring high levels of performance, availability, and security.
• Preparing and maintaining storage management plans, including routine backups, long-term archives, and disaster recovery support. Participate in the development and deployment of the Disaster Recovery Plan.
• Manage the deployment of database scripts in development, test and production environments.
• Research and evaluate new products and development needed to support ongoing needs of organization.
• Develops and maintains system documentation, guidelines and presentations.
• Strong communication skills to support all project phases, in particular technical and business requirement discussions.
• Self-motivated, organized, independent, and proactive.
Experience and Education:
• 5+ years in database design, development, optimization and administration of MS SQL Server.
• Experience with the installation, configuration and support for MS SQL Server (including SSIS and SSRS) 2012 or newer.
• In-depth knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures related to database management and security.
• Experience in proactively monitoring database health, executing maintenance packages, monitoring space and indexing strategy.
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, etc.
• Experience with Microsoft Integration Services (SSIS) and Microsoft Reporting (SSRS).
• Experience with migrating and managing Azure database(s).
• Experience writing technical documentation.
• Data mart or Data warehouse knowledge is a plus.
• Vendor Certification(s) is a plus.
A combination of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in information systems or a related field is essential. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States. All candidates must apply through our website https://www.vedp.org/about-vedp. Application deadline: Open Until Filled.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP's intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or email@example.com. TDD 1-800-828-1120.