International Research Analyst
International Research Analyst
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking an International Research Analyst to work in its International Trade Division. VEDP is a state authority that fosters economic growth in the Commonwealth by cultivating new business investment, supporting the expansion of existing Virginia businesses, and championing international trade activity. The International Research Analyst will work closely with databases of market research and statistics, as well as Trade colleagues to provide Virginia exporters with data analysis and visualizations to help them grow their international sales.
• Engage with colleagues and Program Managers and Virginia companies to understand the individual needs of businesses seeking to export
• Collect, interpret, and present international market data to Virginia exporters
• Write and update international trade publications such as how-to guides, Economic Impact MSA overviews, and special reports
• Work directly with Virginia exporters to administer requests for Certificates of Free Sale, including processing all documentation and electronic payments in a timely manner
• Create customized, relevant, and insightful analysis and data visualizations that facilitate clients' understanding of international market opportunities
• Produce comprehensive and confidential written market research reports to Virginia exporters
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
• Superior organizational skills and experience managing multiple projects with competing deadlines
• Sharp critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Strong research and analytical abilities
• Exceptional English grammar, punctuation, and proofreading skills
• Excellent attention to detail, as written work will often be carefully scrutinized
• Work effectively within a team environment
• Significant experience with multiple software packages, including the Microsoft Office Suite in a Windows environment, with emphasis in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Familiarity with Salesforce CRM software preferred
Education and Experience:
• A Bachelor's degree in economics, marketing, international business, or a related field, or equivalent work experience is preferred
• Academic or professional experience in the fields of international business or marketing is preferred
• Experience applying data analysis techniques and tools in academic or professional settings
Under Executive Directive #18, effective September 1, 2021, all employees must disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status to designated Human Resources personnel. If fully vaccinated, employees are required to submit vaccination documentation to designated Human Resources personnel. Those who are not fully vaccinated or have not disclosed their current vaccination status, must undergo weekly COVID-19 testing. All weekly testing results must be disclosed to designated Human Resources Personnel.
All candidates must apply through our website: https://www.vedp.org/about-vedp
Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply. A valid driver's license is required. Some overnight travel may be required. Must have a passport or the ability to obtain one. Applicants must provide a résumé and a short cover letter. Work samples may be requested of short-listed applicants. Salary Minimum: $50,000. Application deadline: October 15, 2021
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP's intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action.
Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or vedphr@VEDP.org. TDD 1-800-828-1120.