The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking an experienced graphic designer/illustrator to effectively develop and deliver creative assets that will visually communicate learning concepts through various mediums. They will work collaboratively with instructional designers and project managers within the new world-class Talent Solutions Division of VEDP.
The ideal candidate is a conceptual and critical thinker who has experience working with production teams, transforming ideas into creative visual solutions for complex learning concepts. The designs, Illustrations, iconography, and infographics will ultimately be used in new-hire training and workforce selection services that are fully customized to a client company's unique processes, equipment, procedures, and standards. These services will be part of a comprehensive suite which includes training in leadership, collaboration skills, quality systems, and automation technologies.
This is a unique opportunity to work with the world's most prestigious companies as they deploy leading edge technologies at their new or expanding Virginia locations. You will do this as an employee of VEDP, which offers a highly attractive compensation package, featuring a defined benefit retirement program that fully vests in just five years. Ultimately, our division's goal is to create a top ranked program that competes with existing industry leaders, Georgia Quick Start and Louisiana FastStart.
The position will report directly to the Managing Director of Visualization Services, Talent Solutions.
• Translate complex ideas and/or processes into easy-to-understand visual explanations through graphic design, illustration, iconography, and infographics
• Conceptualize, storyboard, and create a variety of illustrations and content for course videos and learning modules
• Actively collaborate with internal instructional designers, project managers, and the video production team, as well as external production teams to create visual solutions that meet learning objectives
• Create these visual solutions using the Adobe Creative Suite, esp. InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop, and After Effects
• Help build and maintain a comprehensive and searchable creative asset library of graphic and animation assets
• Collaborative and operationally-minded contributor who inspires innovation, delivers results, and can also leverage opportunities to improve efficiencies and effectiveness
• Verbal and written communication expertise
• Excels under pressure, in a fast-paced, high-profile work environment
• Enjoys meeting needs/deadlines of internal and external customers
• Extensive experience working in the Adobe Creative Suite, esp. InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop, and After Effects for use primarily in technical training
• Ability to interpret and graphically illustrate varied content for a broad range of subjects
• A strong knowledge of graphic design, typography, color, layout, and visual timing
• Ability to collaborate within a team to foster an environment of innovation, creativity and trust
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent organization and time management skills and the ability to work efficiently, independently, and on multiple projects concurrently
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and flexible to changing priorities
• A strong conceptual and critical thinker
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field is required; advanced degree is a plus
The following experience would be a plus:
• Web UX and UI design and HTML/CSS
• Development and design of training materials for external clients
• Lighting and shooting studio and/or location photography
• Knowledge of 3DS Max, Solidworks, Maya, Captivate, Articulate is a plus
Under Executive Directive #18, effective September 1, 2021, all employees must disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status to designated Human Resources personnel. If fully vaccinated, employees are required to submit vaccination documentation to designated Human Resources personnel. Those who are not fully vaccinated or have not disclosed their current vaccination status, must undergo weekly COVID-19 testing. All weekly testing results must be disclosed to designated Human Resources Personnel.
Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
A valid Virginia driver's license is required.
Application deadline: September 17, 2021.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP's intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or vedphr@VEDP.org. TDD 1-800-828-1120.