Financial Aid AssistantTHE UNIVERSITY OF CHARLESTO
The University of Charleston is seeking a Financial Aid Assistant.
The Financial Aid Assistant is responsible for assisting in the overall operations of the Financial Aid Office. The Assistant is responsible for processing student financial aid applications, answering concerns of parents and students, and performing other duties in support of the operation of Financial Aid function for the University. Position reports to the Director of Financial Aid.
Essential Functions of the Position:
Provide direct, quick, accurate, and convenient service to parents and students through addressing a range of student financial aid needs which require immediate attention. This includes, but is not limited to, the following functions on an as needed basis:
- Assist students in making application for financial aid;
- Assist students with accessing their tax transcripts and verification documents;
- Assess students’ financial aid status;
- Work cooperatively with other offices on campus particularly Admissions and the Athletic Department;
- Participate in University activities, e.g., Experience UC Day, Maroon & Gold Day, and other financial aid events;
- Process alternative loans using ELM;
- Process state scholarship and grant awards, including verifying program eligibility rosters;
- Assist in monitoring College Work Study, Nursing Loans, Perkins Loans as well as maintaining open and accurate line of communication with ECSI and NSLDS;