This position is located in Stockton California, in the San Joaquin Valley, the center of California with close proximity to the beautiful Lake Tahoe recreation area, the Pacific Ocean beaches, and the San Francisco Bay Area, with an affordable cost of living. You will perform a wide variety of complex reporting assignments, acting as an expert in certain subject areas. You will cover a beat or beats and will work on investigative, in-depth articles or larger projects. Will work in a professional journalistic manner for print, digital platforms, and social media.
- Must have the ability to coordinate and produce stories, current events and be enterprising while looking for new angles beyond the routine
- Should have some multimedia skills and the ability to tell a story in multiple ways
- Must be able to work independently on most complicated reporting assignments
- Should have a solid command of the English language and rules of grammar
- Must work well with others
- Must have some computer and proofreading skills
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism or English and a minimum of five years of experience as a reporter for a news organization, advanced multimedia skills preferred
- Must have transportation, valid driver's license and be able to furnish proof of insurance on the vehicle
We offer a full range of benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life insurance, 401k with a company match and a generous paid time off program.