Director of Instructional Support ServicesThe Otsego Northern Catskills BOCES
The Otsego Northern Catskills BOCES has the following vacancy: Director of Instructional Support Services Full-Time, 12M position located at the ISS Center in Oneonta. The chosen candidate will provide leadership and supervise curriculum formation and professional development. NYS SDL or SDA certification required.
The successful candidate will provide leadership and supervise curriculum formation and associated employee professional development for Staff Development, Instructional Technology, Online/Distance Learning and Library Media Services staff. He/she must be able to articulate a clear, shared vision for quality, cost-effective instructional support services and develop strong relationships with component districts, statewide leaders and instructional networks. Must possess knowledge of curriculum development, instructional technology and have excellent communication/human relations skills. The selected candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Coordinate monthly Principals’ Academies and summer Principals’ Retreat
- Work with districts and staff developers to ensure services are top quality and appropriately meet the needs of the district
- Offer training from vendors as requested by districts or based on regional needs
- Facilitate Initial and Continuing Lead Evaluator Training for the region
- Schedule and facilitate collaboration days for staff development program
- Lead and support districts using Forecast5 product 5Lab
- Provide training and support regarding District Data Coordination
- Coordinate regional scoring as requested by districts (3-8 ELA/Math, Regents)
- Created Regional Educator Network (REN) for regional workshops to address relevant professional learning opportunities
- Support districts and ONC BOCES with APPR, Professional Development Plans, Curriculum requirements, and accurate state reporting
- Facilitate annual review of 793 Plan submitted to the RIC
- Develop fiscally responsible budgets
- Approve pending requisitions on a regular basis
- Immediately supervise staff developers, support staff, DL coordinator, SLS coordinator, and both RSE TASC members.
- Submit timely evaluations
- Mentor new staff
- Facilitate Professional Development meetings to generate PD plans for each student program
- Facilitate APPR committee, support DS in the submission of APPR documentation to NYSED
- Collaborate/coordinate Mentor Training, New Employee Orientation, and all-conference days
- Cover buildings in summer when admin coverage is necessary
- Submit Interim Reports on a monthly basis to District Superintendent
- Conduct Interviews for staff developers and program leaders as appropriate
- Manage and submit Personnel Processing Forms, Consultant & Casual Employee contracts for staff development, coaching courses, and program leaders as appropriate.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.