Software Engineer #32823The Nielsen Company (US), LLC
The Nielsen Company (US), LLC
- Responsible for analyzing, developing, testing and supporting highly complex application software:
- Determine solutions for applications by providing necessary designs and technical expertise to the development team.
- Investigate and analyze verbal and written requests for application software, interpreting application requirements to construct highly complex applications.
- Perform data analysis on reference data and apply software design principles to satisfy application requirements.
- Develop highly complex software code, which is maintainable, and easy to use.
- Develop and execute application test plans, analyze test results, and make appropriate revisions to ensure the applications function as specified.
- Create working prototypes.
- Create build and deployment process scripts, owning the end-to-end deployment process.
- Work closely with solutions designers and architects to design and implement reusable system solutions.
- Work with the technical project manager to ensure that the project plan is on track by advising on risks and quality.
- Provide project updates to management.
- Involves the opportunity to telecommute from within the Richardson, TX area 1 day per week as feasible.
Tools used: Java, UI technologies (JSON, AJAX and XML), Objective-C, PL/SQL, Web Services, GIT, GitHub, and Atlassian tool suite.
For This Role, We Are Looking For Individuals That Have:
Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field with an information technology focus (foreign equivalent degree acceptable) plus 2 years of experience in software development (would also accept a bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of post-baccalaureate, progressively responsible experience).