Laboratory SupportThe Nat’l Older Worker Career Ctr.
Laboratory Support: The National Older Worker Career Ctr. currently has an opening at the EPA Environmental Science Center, Fort Meade, Maryland. This position in the SEE Program is for part time laboratory support and customer service in the operation of the EPA National Pesticide Standard Repository. A BA/BS in Chemistry, Physical Science or Biological Sciences is required. Must be 55 years or older. $12.72 per hour. Benefits.
BA/BS Degree in Chemistry, Physical Science, Biological Sciences. OR Minimum of 8 year(s) of experience in laboratory work including use of fume hood and analytical balance.
- ability to operate computer with Microsoft programs, knowledge of laboratory safety
- Experience required with MS Word, WordPerfect, Excel, Access, Fax, Copying Machine, Scanner
- Analytical balance.
Provide laboratory support and customer service in the operation of the US EPA National Pesticide Standard Repository.
- Retrieving and weighing pesticide analytical standards to prepare for shipment 50%
- Data entry of customer orders, new and replacement inventory in the NPSR database. 25%
- Customer service representative. This includes answering phone calls and emails from repository customers and contacting customers with questions. 20%
- Preparing packaging and shipping pesticide analytical standards. 5%
- ESC Annual 8 hour Laboratory Safety Refresher Training
- Health Safety Training: ESC and EMS orientation, safety training orientation, 8 hour laboratory Safety Refresher Training.
- Health and Safety Considerations: Orientation meeting and safety training program which can be taken on line.
- Exposure to neat analytical pesticide standards and acetone solvent. May require standing for long periods of time.
- Required Safety Gear: Safety glasses, nitrile gloves, lab coat
- Safety Gear Use: Retrieving and returning analytical standards, handling and weighing neat pesticide analytical standards in a fume hood.