Knowledge Management AnalystThe National Center for State Courts (NCSC)
Knowledge Management Analyst
The National Center for State Courts (NCSC) is a private, nonprofit, court improvement organization headquartered in Williamsburg, VA. NCSC is seeking full-time applicants to fill a Knowledge Management Analyst position. This is a customer facing position that helps create access to data and information and rich contextual knowledge to the court community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Respond to customer questions and inquiries using both print and online resources;
- Prepare subject matter summaries for information archive and retrieval;
- Review and synthesize online information, literature, reports and trends;
- Develop a body of subject matter expertise and thought leadership within areas of the court community;
- Participate in professional activities, committees, and group projects. Contribute to professional publications;
- Communicate with Director, KIS staff, and other NCSC staff on his/her important work/projects;
- Track trends that impact the courts;
- Look for ideas/leads to share with other parts of the organization;
- Help make NCSC products and services more accessible, intuitive and consumable to diverse customer and constituent base.
- Advanced degree in related field or equivalent experience (JD preferred);
- +2 years of hands on experience within the state court system or as a practicing attorney;
- Understanding of reference and research principles;
- Knowledge of state and or federal judicial systems;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally;
- Ability to interpret statistics;
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office products;
- A desire to do meaningful work that is important to the stability of our democracy;
- An ability to work collegially and collaboratively with customers, colleagues and constituents;
- Ability to prioritize assignments; effectively handle multiple assignments; and work independently and as part of project teams.