The Mundy Companies, a leader in the industrial maintenance, services, construction, engineering and manufacturing fields is currently hiring for the following positions in the Axis, Alabama area:
Primary Responsibilities: Safely loads/unloads material into/out of railcars/tank trucks; trains as a Chemical Operator for the Manufacturing Unit.
• Matches loading schedule to bill of lading
• Wears all protective clothing and equipment, including respirator and fresh air equipment that may be required to transfer the product in a manner that ensures maximum personal safety
• Connects loading/unloading hoses
• Loads railcar/truck according to loading instructions using gauges and/or strapping tables.
• Communicates with facility supervisor on any problems as they occur equipment location and operation.
• Safely and proficiently complete any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
The ability to lift up to 100 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects. The ability to climb ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like. The ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, talk, hear and have good vision. The ability to work outside in environmental conditions which, at times include extreme heat or extreme cold. The ability to meet medical standards for Personal Protective Equipment, Powered Industrial Equipment operation and Industrial Fire Brigade
participation. A High School Diploma and five years of experience in chemical or industrial manufacturing; or graduate from a recognized Community College/Technical School with appropriate degree/certification.
EOE/Drug Free Work Environment