The Cedar Room Executive Chef Position.
We are looking for a creative and proficient in all aspects of food preparation, Executive Chef. You will be "the chief" and maintain complete control of the kitchen.
• Plan and direct food preparation and culinary activities
• Modify menus or create new ones that meet quality standards
• Estimate food requirements and food/labor costs
• Supervise kitchen staff's activities
• Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
• Recruit and manage kitchen staff
• Rectify arising problems or complaints
• Give prepared plates the "final touch"
• Perform administrative duties
• Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
• Keep time and payroll records
• Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
• Proven working experience as a Head Chef
• Excellent record of kitchen management
• Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
• Capable of delegating multiple tasks
• Communication and leadership skills
• Keep up with cooking trends and best practices
• Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, POS)
• BS degree in Culinary science or related certificate is preferred.