We are currently hiring for our next Packaging Assistant in Breinigsville, PA.
Packaging Assistants will be cross trained on the Variety Pack Lines (Cans and Bottles), Boxmakers, Tray Packers, and Line 7 Climax in the Packaging Department and will become familiar with all equipment in their daily designated area of work.
What You'll Do:
- Must be able to work with a team-oriented, “Safety First” approach. Safely, efficiently, and effectively work to attain department and brewery objectives.
- Must observe and practice all Department/Brewery Procedures. Including the proper use of all PPE, this may include but is not limited to; voluntary respirators, bump caps, safety shoes, hearing protection, and eye protection in conjunction with all GMP regulations.
- Safely and efficiently operate Packaging Department equipment/machinery as assigned to meet department/brewery goals.
- Must be receptive to working in a team environment and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives and make recommendations to the process.
- Conduct proper sanitation duties. Involving the complete cleaning of all the equipment within the facility. Foaming equipment, hoses, brooms, shovels, brushes, scrapers, squeegees, and the numerous chemicals that are necessary to sanitize the designated site.
- Communicate with coworkers through face to face interactions, brewery phones, and radios.
- Perform work and cleaning in confined space areas such as the Pasteurizer.
- Assist with supporting overtime as needed to cover varying production needs. May include 12 hour days, nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
What We're Looking For:
- High school diploma or equivalent, and applicable Production knowledge required.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with all team peers and customers.
- Must be available to support shift, weekend and holiday schedules as required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be flexible and shift priorities in a constantly changing, fast-paced work environment.
- Self-starter, proactive.
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in a collaborative team environment.
- Highly effective multi-tasker; resourceful with a “get-it-done, can-do” attitude.
- Proficient with Computer systems and automated equipment. Must be able to learn and accurately utilize company systems; operate computers and automated equipment and input data as required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- Must be able to work assigned shifts as needed
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs repetitively throughout the shift.
- Be able to stand, twist, and bend as required for 90% of work schedule.
- Work overtime as needed; which may require 12 hour days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Tolerate summer/winter temperature conditions and hot and cold room environments
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact email@example.com for assistance.