Camp Office Manager
Camp Office Manager
Provides administrative support to the Camp Director and Assistant Director, colleagues and camp families by performing general clerical, receptionist and project-based work. Serves as a liaison between the Department and camp families; assists with camp operations; and administers general first aid. Must be fully vaccinated by the start of camp, June 27th.
Works under the direct supervision of the Director of Recreation and Cultural Affairs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a point person for camp families; responds to inquiries in-person as well as over the phone and through email
- Assists families with registration questions and general camp questions
- Manages the distribution of camp t-shirt sales and t-shirt inventory
- Answers telephones and transfer calls to appropriate team members
- Contacts camp families to discuss camper needs or for other camp administration needs
- Greets campers and their guardians in the camp office
- Administers first aid to campers such as band aids and icepacks
- Ensure that camp office is clean, organized and well-maintained
- Assist Program Director and Assistant Director with daily camp schedules, camper attendance sheets, and counselor check-in
- Adhere to all Department policies
- Participate in pre-camp trainings and opening activities
- Provide a safe and fun learning environment and serve as a positive role model
- Have fun
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum one (1) year of experience working in an administrative and/or customer service role
- Previous experience working with children and parents preferred
- Good Communication and ability to multi-task
- Possesses good leadership abilities, management and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook
- Certified in AED, First Aid, CPR, and Epi-Pen administration
- Must be fully vaccinated by the start of camp, June 27th.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Early Childhood Education, Recreation or related field
- Teachers Certificate preferred
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT USED
- Computer, including word processing and database software, cell phone, various sports equipment used in recreation programs.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and running.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet while in the office, moderately loud or loud when in the field.
- Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interview and reference check; job related tests may be required.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.