Bookkeeper/AccountantThe Anderson Center
The Anderson Center seeks a detail-oriented Bookkeeper/Accountant to support our mid-sized non-profit organization. This position is responsible for maintaining Quickbooks, including accounts receivable and payable and bank statement reconciliation. Part-time (20 hours/week) with a flexible schedule. Compensation DOQ.
- Implement QuickBooks entries
- Approve invoices, write, send checks, and file all checks/payments
- Oversee all banking deposits
- Do bank reconciliations
- Balance checkbook and investment accounts in Quickbooks
- Manage the collection of timesheets and create payroll spreadsheet for executive director to review
- Process payroll and email to the Accounting firm
- Enter invoices into Accounts Payable
- Enter deposits in Quickbooks and take deposits to the bank
- Enter all automatic payments into Quickbooks (especially, Xcel grant payment and payroll tax)
- File sales tax report
- Gather information for 1099s
- Prepare work papers and facilitate annual audit with the accountant
- Provide information to insurance auditors
- Maintain personnel and payroll records and coordinate with payroll contractor
- Coordinate purchases and services with vendors
- Handle rental billings and collections and maintain rental records.
- Prepare invoices for the remaining payment of house rental
- Update studio artists rental payment information
- Track rent payments
- Contact renters who are behind in rent
- Recording vendor application and booth fees in Quickbooks
- Manage and oversee sales of artwork, including calculating commissions and payments to artists
- Prepare invoices and checks for program sales to exhibition artists or vendors
- Prepare checks for artists participating in events
General Office Management:
- Working with Development Director, reconcile all donor/memberships on a quarterly basis
- Manage petty cash flow and record deposits and withdrawals from petty cash
- Understanding and knowledge of accounting systems and financial reporting for a nonprofit organization.
- Accounting degree or equivalent experience.
- Three years or more of experience in handling bookkeeping for a similar organization.
- Ability to handle QuickBooks, financial spreadsheets, and word processing software.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality with donor financial records.
- Experience using Microsoft Office 365, especially Xcel, Outlook, and Sharepoint, in a collaborative office environment.