Caseworker I--Domestic Relations
SUMMARY: Update and maintain child support registry only case information, answer and direct client inquiries and prepare child support records.
Description of Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Opens Registry Only cases in the Domestic Relations computer system and on the TXCSES Portal; checks for duplicate cases; assesses cases to determine the type of case and validity and completeness of information
• Update, review and certify Registry Only payment records
• Prepare notice of delinquency
• Enters and retrieves information using the computer and updated child support case information from data sheet, parties, district clerk, or attorney
• Requests missing information or documents from parties and attorneys
• Performs word processing of correspondence and other legal and administrative documents. Distributes or files documents as appropriate
• Responds to routine telephone inquiries concerning child support cases.
• Maintains the file room which includes pulling and returning case files and filing documents in case files as appropriate
• Documents all actions taken
• Attends court
• Occasionally receives and records child support payments
• Performs all other related duties as assigned
High School diploma or equivalent. One (1) year of full-time general office or closely related experience. Requires the ability to perform mathematical calculations.
Regular attendance is essential. Requires strong organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, communicate effectively and have strong attention to detail. Applicant must arrive to work on time, prepared to perform assigned duties and work assigned schedule. Must have knowledge and skills for using a computer for word processing and data entry and retrieval. Taylor County will conduct a background check.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this position, a person is regularly required to walk, sit, stand, bend, stoop, lift and reach. This person will face the possibility of upset clients.
A typing test is required.
Starting Salary: $11.50/hour + benefits
Benefits include: 100% county-paid employee medical and dental insurance, paid life and disability insurance, retirement, and paid vacation/sick time.
Applications will be accepted in the Human Resources Office, Taylor County Plaza, 400 Oak Street, Suite 120, until position is filled. Office hours are 8-12/1-5 Monday – Friday.
Link to FMLA Poster: https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf