Taylor County is currently seeking qualified applicants for Transport Deputy at the Sheriff’s Office. All applicants must have a high school diploma or GED and hold a current Texas peace officer’s license.
- Applicants must be in good physical condition and must pass a physical exam and drug screening prior to employment.
- Primary duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Transporting of inmates to and from the Courts and medical appointments
- Subpoena service
- Courthouse security duties
- Warrant service and all other department duties deemed necessary by the Sheriff or Division Commanders.
Qualified applicants will also be subject to an extensive criminal history and background investigation. Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
Starting Salary: $42,000 annually + benefits
Benefits include: 100% county-paid employee medical and dental insurance, paid life and disability insurance, retirement, and paid vacation/sick time
Office hours are 8-12/1-5 Monday – Friday
Link to FMLA Poster: https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf