Utilities SeasonalTahoe City Public Utility District
The Tahoe City Public Utility District is hiring for the position of Utilities Seasonal, working in the operation and maintenance of the District's water and wastewater systems. Pay range is $20.15 -$23.15 per hour depends on experience.
To perform a variety of routine and unskilled work in the preventive maintenance, repair, replacement and monitoring of the District’s water and wastewater systems.
The Utilities Seasonal is the entry-level seasonal classification of the Utilities Operations Specialist series.
Incumbents in this classification perform the unskilled and more routine tasks.
Supervision Received And Exercised
Receives immediate supervision from the Utilities Superintendent; and technical and functional supervision from a Senior Utilities Operations Specialist.
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed.
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
• Perform a variety of unskilled and routine maintenance on the District’s water and wastewater systems; perform related support tasks and manual labor in the accomplishment of assigned projects as necessary.
• Repair and maintain sewer lines, pumping stations, wells, water tanks, water treatment stations, booster stations, odor control stations, fire hydrants and other essential parts of the District’s water and wastewater systems.
• Perform maintenance and repair in a variety of weather conditions and under a variety of physical demands in compliance with established safety procedures and practices.
• Maintain regular attendance and adhere to prescribed work schedule to conduct job responsibilities.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and all others contacted in the performance of assigned duties.
• Utilize appropriate safety procedures and practices for assigned duties.
• Work safely and cooperatively with others.
Additional Duties And Responsibilities
• May perform plumbing, painting and carpentry and other tasks as necessary in the maintenance and repair of the District’s water and wastewater systems.
• May operate a wide range of vehicles, equipment and tools necessary to monitor, maintain and repair the District’s water and wastewater systems.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
1. Knowledge of:
• Basic methods, tools and equipment utilized in the maintenance and repair of water and wastewater systems.
• Basic principles and practices of water and wastewater system operations.
• Basic mechanical principles and applications.
• Standard and accepted safety procedures applied to water and wastewater systems and operations.
• Safe work practices.
2. Ability to:
• Learn the occupational hazards, standards and approved water and wastewater maintenance procedures and appropriate safety precautions to protect self and others.
• Apply understanding and common sense to carry out instructions in oral, written or diagram form.
• Function as a productive, effective and positive member of assigned work team(s).
• Operate and maintain standard equipment, tools and vehicles utilized in the performance of assigned duties in a safe and effective manner.
• Read, write and comprehend the English language at a level necessary for effective job performance exercising correct English usage, vocabulary, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Communicate effectively, tactfully and positively in both oral and written form.
• Operate and use modern office equipment including computers and applicable software.
• Establish, maintain and foster positive working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Education And Training Requirements
1. Education and Experience Requirements:
Any combination of education and experience which would likely provide the necessary knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Education: Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.
Experience: Water or wastewater construction or maintenance, plumbing or closely related field experience desirable.
2. Certification & Licensing Requirements:
• Possession of appropriate and valid driver’s license and driving record that complies with District policy is required.
This position is open until filled. TCPUD is a drug-free workplace. TCPUD is an EOE.