Prevention CoordinatorSVSU SW VERMONT SUPV UNION
Woodford, VT Full-time
Posted on September 7, 2019
The Mt. Anthony Union Middle School is seeking a Prevention Coordinator. The perfect applicant will plan and organize Parent/Community events at least three times a year.
- Teach weekly Leadership Groups on a weekly basis.
- Teach the evidence-based prevention curriculum to student's grade 6-8
- Provide early intervention and educational sessions to students who have engaged in substance use and/or have violated substance policy
Qualifications include (but not limited to);
- College degree Sociology, Psychology, Social Work, or related Human Services field highly desired. Certified or Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (SAP) or documented experience in substance abuse prevention/treatment education, or school counseling preferred
- Knowledge of (or willingness to learn about) drug and alcohol prevention and early intervention