Civil Engineer InternSummit County Personnel
Civil Engineering Intern
Summit County is in search of a Civil Engineering Intern to help with the Engineering Departments workload this summer. This is a non-benefit position and will start in May 2019 and continue through early Fall. Work schedule may vary but will not exceed 30 hours per week.
Salary range: $14.00 - $17.00/hour.
The ideal candidate would be a student currently enrolled in a College of Engineering; specifically studying Civil Engineering or Construction Management. Preference will be given if you have completed a class or have experience in surveying, design, construction, and/or maintenance of transportation systems.
- A wide variety of Engineering disciplines and activities
- Plan reviews and site inspections for residential & commercial projects
- Storm water inspections
- Traffic counts and transportation studies Floodplain reviews
- Knowledge of computer and Microsoft Programs
- Effective communication skills; oral and written
- Knowledge of general Civil Engineering Principles
Summit County is a drug free workplace conducting pre-employment drug testing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage women, minorities, and the disabled to apply.