Transit Maintenance Technician
Summit County, located in Utah, is seeking candidates for a full-time Transit Maintenance Technician to perform semi-skilled to skilled tasks related to the maintenance and repair of transit facilities including bus shelters and sidewalks. Duties include operating light to medium duty trucks, skid-steer loaders, medium sized loaders, backhoes, tractors, snow blowers, hand tools, generators, cutting torches, saws, grinders, and other related equipment required to maintain and repair bus shelters, park and ride facilities, assigned equipment, and sidewalks. Works under the general supervision of the Transit Technician II and Public Works Superintendent. May hire a Transit Maintenance Technician I or II depending on submitted qualifications and experience.
Transit Maint Technician I
Salary Range: $17.01 - $23.82/hour.
• Graduation from high school or equivalent and sufficient education and/or training to demonstrate an aptitude or ability to perform the above and related duties.
• Two (2) years of experience in performing the above and related duties or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must possess a valid CDL-Class B issued by your state of residence.
• Must become flagger certified.
• Must be able to comply with applicable county and departmental policies and safety standards.
Transit Maint Technician II
Salary Range: $18.02 - $25.25/hour.
Minimum Qualifications: Please follow the link below to view.
We offer a generous benefits package with options for a premium free health plan, dental plan, and life insurance. We also provide State of Utah retirement, sick leave, parental leave, and vacation pay.
We are a drug free workplace conducting pre-employment drug testing. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage women, minorities, and the disabled to apply.
Open until filled. First review 10-6-2020.